Laguna Street Public School

Pursuing excellence in a hidden sanctuary

Telephone02 9524 3752


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Parents may enrol their child in Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if the child turns 5 years of age on or before July 31 in that year.

How to enrol 

Contact us when you’re ready to enrol your child in our school. You may need to attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

You will also be asked to provide the following documentation. Original documents are required.

  •   child’s birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of child’s address such as current council rates notice, residential lease, electricity bill. Schools that are above or near their local enrolment buffer will use the Department’s 100-point residential address check.
  •  immunisation history statement
  •  any family law or other relevant court orders, if applicable
    if your child has health, disability or other support needs you will need to provide copies of medical/healthcare or emergency action plan and evidence of any disability and learning and support plans
  • Students from overseas require passport and visas – restrictions apply on some visas
  • SRE Participcation letter

When all documentation has been received, new enrolments will be asked to attend an interview with the Principal and/or Assistant Principal. This is a good time to tell the school of any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions before your child starts school. The school may complete a risk assessment.

A school panel assesses applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis according to our non-local enrolment criteria. Please email the school to ask for information about our criteria and to obtain a non local enrolment application. 

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.